Chihuly Exhibit at Desert Botanical Garden

Today I made my first visit to the Desert Botanical Garden here in Phoenix to see the Chihuly glass exhibit. It was a beautiful day and the glass sculptures looked awesome against the blue sky. It's the first time I've seen any of his pieces up close so it was a new experience. There were roughly 15-20 pieces installed throughout the gardens, and some smaller pieces in a gallery, which was also continuously showing a 90-minute video of his work process. I think my favorite pieces were the ones that seemed to work naturally with the desert environment.

Here are some of the sculptures on display -- some of them are quite tall.







The show will continue through May 31st of 2009. Check it out if you have the chance!

For more information on Dale Chihuly, check out this page on Artsy.

Comments