Pirate Octopus Plush

For Christmas I made this pirate octopus plush doll for my niece!  It's been a while since I've done some hand sewing, but I thoroughly enjoyed it.  Initially, I was planning to buy a plush octopus for her, so I went searching on Etsy, but didn't really see anything I liked.  Then I came across this octopus pattern listing by typingwithtea.  It was perfect!  Sewn out of felt, it's only about 4 inches high, without the pirate hat.  The original pattern was actually slightly smaller, so I enlarged it a little bit.

My niece loves octopi and pirates.  She was so ecstatic when she opened it on Christmas day!

Below are some in-progress shots:






I'm planning to make one for myself, but with a few amusing changes.  Will post it when it's done!  Until then, have a Happy New Year's Eve!!

Comments