Over Rainbows and Down Rabbit Holes



During my vacation in California I was disappointed to learn that I had just missed seeing an exhibition of children's book art at the Santa Barbara Museum of Art. If I'd known sooner, I would have arranged my vacation to coincide with this exhibit, but alas, I was too late.


However, I was able to get a copy of the exhibition catalog which is pictured above. The exhibit is from the collection of Zora Charles and the artists represented roughly spans about 100 years of children's book illustration, from Beatrix Potter to Chris Van Allsburg. I would have loved to have seen all of these original illustrations.


The show will be traveling to one other museum this year, the Eric Carle Museum of Picture Book Art. If anyone out there has seen this exhibit, please leave me your comments on this blog!

Comments