Zero to Illo 12 Week Challenge

Starting today, I am participating in the Zero to Illo 12 Week Challenge.  Zero to Illo is the blog of Jonathan Woodward, graphic designer.

The quote below from his blog says it all:

"The time for procrastination, self-doubt and style hang-ups is over – it’s now time to get going and start working towards my dream career as an illustrator…and I’d like to invite you to join me.
This blog is all about my journey from zero 2 illo, transitioning from full time graphic designer to full time illustrator." 

The 12 week challenge was Jonathan's idea to jumpstart his dream to be a working illustrator.  He has generously decided to share that journey with others.  Myself and about 60+ other illustrators will be given a task every week to bring us closer to our goals of being professional full-time illustrators.  I think it's a great idea and exactly the motivation I need right now to get me going.  It will be an interesting journey, but I am looking forward to the next 12 weeks and to feel the sense of community with my fellow illustrators in working towards our goals.

Comments

Susan said…
Hi Megumi! I saw you just joined the 12WC and wanted to introduce myself - I'm Susan and I'm a fellow 12 weeker over at the clubhouse. I love your work, it's so charming and the colors are so soft. I also love your sense of humor, especially with the toy mountie! You also post some interesting articles too. We're going for the same illo goals, children's books (doesn't it seem like there's a lot of us!). I just became your newest follower, below is my link, check it out and follow me if you're interested. I look forward to getting to know you and your work better, and best of luck to you during the challenge - cheers! Susan

http://susanbethstudio.blogspot.com/
Goomie said…
Hi Susan, thanks for your comments!
Megumi! I nominated you for the Sunshine Award :D
I love zero to illo...I wish you a wonderful journey! :-)