Thursday, July 08, 2010

Ripple Sketch #3


It's time again for another Ripple sketch.  I've grown rather fond of doing these very small paintings.  I like the challenge of creating something so much smaller than what I normally do.  This time, I wanted to do a sea animal who is actually smiling and happy, as opposed to the others I've done so far which have been somewhat downbeat.  A little change of pace...

As before, the piece is on paper and is 3 x 4.  Painted with acrylic, acrylic gouache, collage and colored pencil.  A happy Thursday to all!

10 comments:

michael robertson said...

beautiful work!...I love those colors.

Goomie said...

Thanks Michael! I looked at your blog, love the fun, retro style!

Sean Ingvard Ashby said...

Yo, Goomie! (What a great nickname) Thanks for dropping by the ol' blog. Love this pink turtle, and all the textures. Should sell on Ripple in no time!

Christina Zemelka said...

Hey Goomie, this is a lovely piece! Love the colors, textures and the cute character!

Alexiev said...

fantastic turtle... good color...

Best wishes from Buenos Aires...

http://www.alexiev.com.ar

Proyectos - Illustrations

Alexiev Store - venta de originales

Melissa said...

I love the colors and the texture of the turtle. I also like working small. :)

Goomie said...

Thanks everyone for your comments!

Kelly Medina said...

Your Ripples are fantastic! So inspiring. Glad I came across your blog :)

Raphaella Vaisseau said...

I love this turtle painting. Whimsical, happy ... what I can envision for all the creatures of the gulf.

fripouille said...

so cute!